Back to Fiction feature films
Pello, a bank branch manager, is arrested on charges of embezzlement. Abandoned by his superior (who got him involved in the heist), Pello escapes from the court room and goes on the run.
With no papers, no money and no family or friends he can trust, he changes identity so that he can stay undercover for a time.
By chance he ends up hiding in a building that has been occupied by a group of people evicted from their homes who are fighting his bank. Pello gains their trust, all the time planning to steal money from them to pay for false documentation so that he can escape abroad and start a new life.
- Genre: Social comedy
- Running time: 97’
- Release date: 2016
- Director and screenplay: Patxo Telleria
- Cast: Gorka Otxoa, Miren Gaztañaga, Josean Bengoetxea, Gurutze Beitia, Mikel Losada, Maria Cruickshank, Iñaki Rikarte, Itziar Ituño, Javi Tolosa, Itziar Atienza, Ramon Agirre
- Producers: Abra Prod, Igelak Abra A.I.E
- Music: Iñaki Salvador
- Musicians: Ainhoa Arteta, Gatibu, Natxo De Felipe (Oskorri), Francis Díez (Doctor Deseo), Gose, Oreka Tx, Xabi Solano (Esne Beltza), Zo! Zongo
- Available versions: Euskera, spanish
- Executive producer: Joxe Portela
- Marketing: National: Filmax-Castelao | International: Filmax-Castelao | DVD: Filmax-Castelao
- Página web: www.igelak.com
- International Festivals: Filmax International
64th Edition of the San Sebastian International Film Festival (Spain)
Zinemaldia CAT. Festival de Cinema Basc de Catalunya (First prize for best feature film)
Beñat Eizagirre (BERRIA)
“Summing up, this is an enjoyable, amusing film. Thanks to the Basque musicians, the audience is genuinely moved at several points”.
Francesc Miró (ELDIARIO.ES)
“This film, which exudes warmth and sympathy, is perhaps one of the most original comedies to be released in Spain this year”.
Mikel G. Gurpegui (DIARIO VASCO)
“The key role of a range of Basque musicians –from Gatibu to Garai– playing their own numbers, brings a distinct personality to the affable ensemble”.
Aritz Sorzabal (ZINEA.EUS)
“It is always good to see local actors, locations and themes, especially if you’re guaranteed to leave the cinema with a smile on your face”.
Mikel Gil (CACTUS)
“With an all-star cast of Basque actors and musicians, Patxo Telleria has created an enjoyable musical comedy with a social message”.